Kuthuparamba native, Maroli Kunhikannan was an owner of rich and generous personality. He had received a land at Kuthuparamba from District Collector on the basis of Quit Rent. He constructed a pond and an inn for the poor at this site. With the formation of Kuthuparamba Panchayat, the pond has been preserving properly. Now preservation and innovation attempt has been initiated by Kerala Government. The first reading room at Kuthuparamba namely Deseeya Vayanasala had been functioning in this inn. But later the building was demolished. A stage for public speech was constructed. This premise is known as Maroli Ghatt. Maroli Ghatt can claim that no any important national leader or cultural leader who has not spoken stepping up Maroli Ghatt has lived in India.
The Inspection Bungalow built in the first half of 19th century is also an institution at Kuthuparamba with historical importance. Even now the building is maintained and used properly.
Platform around the papal tree before the court
The subjugated countries under the British rule were strongly instructed to celebrate the coronation of King George V in 1911. A celebration committee was formed at Kuthuparamba and the function was treated as a grand festival. The fund for the celebration was so huge that there was a balance amount. With this amount the committee resolved to build a platform around the papal tree situated before the magistrate court for the memory of this event. The inauguration of this platform was on 12-12-1911 as seen on the stone erected. This platform can be seen now without much ruin.
In 1871, a Sub jail also was come in existence at Kuthuparamba. The Sub jail built near the police station is only a memory today.
Kuthuparamba Magistrate Court
The present Judicial Second Class Magistrate Court was established in 1871 by the British Government. It shows that the British Govt. had seen Kuthuparmba as an important meeting place in nineteenth century itself.
Kuthuparamba Police Station
The first police station in Kottayam Taluk was established in 1871 in Kottayam Bazaar. But the rulers were convinced the importance of Kuthuparamba and so they shifted it to Kuthuparamba in 1878. Now the police station is situated in the same premise.